My version of having a day 'off'
It was one of those weekends which I had 'completely' to myself!
After work, I went to do grocery and picked up some random cooking ingredients – including red and yellow peppers and cans of kidney beans! I had some idea of what I will do with them but wasn’t sure if I will actually do any cooking this weekend.
Today I woke up only when the sunlight through the curtains became too bright. Fortunately I remembered that it was Ganesh Chaturthi so quickly got ready and did my own little puja :)
After which had a good chat at home with little brother and mum. It is always nice to talk to them, but it is even better when we talk about my upcoming holiday :) We discussed menus, trips and shopping! All this talk pepped me up and I in a drastic change of plan I decided to venture out.
I thought I will renew my books from the library while I am out. One of the books I was about to finish was Paths of Glory by Jeffery Archer. I am not really a huge fan of Archer but he does have a simplistic approach and was one of the first authors I had started to read when I joined secondary school. The book is about first ever expedition to the Mount Everest and makes a captivating read.
I finished the book in the library. It was a very satisfying experience even for half an hour, to sit amidst books and read :)
Then I carried on with my window shopping/shopping for an amazing 2 hours. It was fruitful to some extent having bought some more gifts for people back home and milk :) (I am really keen on milk - Peeyo a glass full :))
Came back home and made myself the cup of tea I was longing for since morning and watched some not so interesting series on BBC which lulled me into siesta. But just as I was about to sleep, the internet started playing games. I realised I am so addicted to its presence that I wanted it to be up and running before I slept, just in case it was still gone when I got up! So while trying to get it sorted out time for my nap was gone.
I resisted the ‘lazy me’ taking over the ‘cook me’ and got down to making my very own version of Mexican wraps :)
I also made chane ki daal, shimla mirch ki sabzi along with -
The colours just looked so good
All this hard work is very gratifying as it means I have food to last for entire working week :)

My mini fajita breads
The filling
Presentation
Presentation style #2
No comments:
Post a Comment