
Manchester United – The glam game!
So I get a taste of part time work :) I am happy about it – so far so good. They say it was not a big game – there was hardly anybody around. Definitely a good day for debut, I could learn at my own pace :) I hope to get paid for this one so that I can decide whether I will be going to other matches or not. I met some people at the kiosk and they were all good with me :) One thing to note – none of them was a Brit.
Rene – the kiosk in charge is Greek I think, she was as all TLs are – uneasy under the crown. But she was at least not snubbing people around.
Louis – was like me; an assistant but he had been working 3 weeks so he knew a lot of stuff. He is from Portugal and did the same course as me, but the bad news is he is still hunting for a job. Anyways he was really warm and helpful. He really made me comfortable.
Rohit – An Indian with family in Manchester. He is a first year undergrad. He was good too; smiling and friendly. But he soon moved to another kiosk so didn’t get to interact with him much.
Daira – Don’t know much about him, just that he looked more like a rap singer and his accent was difficult to understand. But he was cool and wished he could be Michael Jackson.
Last but not the least was Mohammad – A Brit Pakistani I guess, he was fun and easy going – was definitely making more noise and less work but lots of energy to keep the kiosk warm :)
An assortment of people I could have never imagined to have met and work with a couple of months ago. Here I am, living through this dream. I never knew I was meant to come this far (pun intended), but now that I am here – I want to make the most of it.
It’s a new dawn – for sure !!
1 comment:
Correction: Rene(Renata) is Hungarian and hates being called Polish.
Post a Comment