Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pinch me!

It took a while to sink in - just the news!
The reality of it, the implications may even take months to settle down :) 

After a decade of knowing each other, a few years of courtship and a couple of years of marriage - S & I will finally move in (Amen) - at the end of this year!!!

It is as big a news for us - as the realisation of being together was :) :) :) But it means much more - a house morphing into a home, man and woman transforming into a Mr. & Mrs., dates becoming occasions and festivals finally becoming festivals. 

It sounds strange - that after all this time the idea of living with S still gives me butterflies in the tummy :D I know it may be far from it - but I wonder if a conventional bride/groom would feel the same? Being pushed into a brand new household with almost stranger husband/wife - trying to adjust - trying to accommodate each other's needs and desperately trying to not be 'not good enough!' So much pressure it is!!

Cliche it may be, but true as well - I have not seen a marriage like mine in my family - I have not seen husbands and wives being best buddies - life partners yes, but buddies - strangely not. So I do go around saying that my married life is quite different from most others. And now I think is the time to find out the truth! 

Thank you so much God - let the fun begin :)

No comments: