Cross
That's what I feel with all these tasks in 'Pending' list. I have always been a very 'To Do List' kind of person. Since school times I remember having a very well organised 'diary' listing all the subjects (in order of the timetable) and homework. There were even entries with 'no work' for subjects I didn't get homework for!
Then there were exam times with the whole printed syllabus as a huge 'to-do'. I must say it worked very well for me. I would try and allocate time to each portion (pessimistic estimates, so that I can be pleased with myself when I finish something earlier than scheduled ;)). It made me want to get another thing 'done'. Big motivation. And the pleasure of tearing off the 'completed' list. Ah!
It is not much different at work. I still try and make my things to do list every morning. But most days I get deflected into other stuff. My to-do list gets extended over a period of days. Though this is not how I would prefer it, but as long as things keep getting removed I don't really mind.
However, even after giving myself a list of things almost religiously for over a decade work-wise, I haven't been able to get this going in my personal life very efficiently. In last 3-4 months there are things which are just getting piled up, some things due to lack of attention from others and others due to my lack of attention/motivation. Irritating state of things to be least.
After almost a month of leaving the Internet connection to sort itself out, I had to jump in. Result - nothing has moved in 1 month. Status = Pending. Arrggghhh. Wish I could be more organised personally.
Then there are things which you can't do very much about other than wait. Again status = Pending. And I am crossed.
Immediate solution - switch off your brain; watch some TV.
(but there is no Internet - cross cross very cross!!)
2 comments:
Before buying a smartphone I spent a lot of time trying to find the 'best' app for maintaining to-do lists.
It's one of those great myths of life isn't it - "If I could organize my life better, I will find so much more time, and I can do all that I always wanted to but have never had the time" ?
In time I will move to a smart phone, for now post its and pens work for me :)
And it is not a myth - a list makes you efficient and hence the residual time!
Post a Comment