The Read-Greed
2 books over 2 weeks - that's incredible given that I am working Saturdays!
I remember having written this down somewhere before, but I repeat - I think writing is equivalent in pleasure as reading, only it is more effort and hence less attractive.
For me reading is receiving, while writing is giving - some one else, something to read. And it takes a lot to be able to give more readily than take.
For last couple of weeks, my Internet usage has been limited to emails - no videos, no iPlayer and mostly no voice/video chats. So I have been lured back into the familiar world of books :) I have devoured on 2 fast paced novels both of which I think have been hugely popular owing to their succinct yet well narrated plots.
When I had finished the first book, I was totally up for writing something about it - not a review, but just recording my thoughts about it but the Read-Greed kicked in & I moved on to the next.
I couldn't even wait to get to the library next morning, so I just downloaded a pdf :) It is one of very few books I have not read on paper. But at least I was reading.
I just finished the 2nd one, but a couple of days ago I had already borrowed 2 more books & again I cant wait to start on them!! But hey ho, at least I've managed to write something first - not about the books as I had thought but about my Read-Greed!!
PS: Just in case I don't manage to write about the books - I want to share the names here - The Kite Runner By KH and Room by ED
PS: Just in case I don't manage to write about the books - I want to share the names here - The Kite Runner By KH and Room by ED
No comments:
Post a Comment