Friday, May 15, 2009

The Mistress of Spices



As usual, I was not feeling like to start looking at dry financial reports of companies I am not bothered about but rather unusually I chose to watch a movie.

I've been watching movies on YouTube for many months now (there was even a post for it), but mostly its by chance that stumble upon some part of a movie (most movies on YT are 10 parts or more) and then go on to complete it. Tonight, I actually searched for movies to watch. This is strange for me as I am the kind of person who would feel guilty for watching films with exams lined up.

And the movie did not disappoint me. Apart from the fact that Aishwarya Rai used to be a PYT 4 years ago, the narrative is captivating. Though it is more like an occult sort of thing even for Indians - 'to see things' it was rather feel good. The spice store has been done with detailed attention to colours and looks quite an authentic piece of art. The characters picked out of streets [though they have been portrayed on screen so often now they have stopped being 'next-door' {Thanks to NRI genre of Bollywood flicks}]* have been played convincingly by many known faces.

I liked the movie for one more thing - I can tell my spices now by names and not colour :)

It was a good distraction from business but lasted only for 2 hours..I guess I should sleep now and conserve some energy for tomorrow's clash!

* Sorry for using braces within braces - I guess that was a bit of Maths in English literature :))

4 comments:

Shashank said...

that's rare (you enjoyed a movie :P) :) ok, i hadn't heard many nice things about this movie before..sounds interesting..

Blogger said...

Interesting, misty and aromatic. Should watch if you have a lazy afternoon at hand..Its on YT in HD :)

Shashank said...

I don't see myself youtubing a movie, requires a level of patience with the speeds here that I do not possess :) but I'll try to get it somehow

Blogger said...

I guess it shouldnt be an issue with torrent and ares and other P2P at hand..