A letter
For the first time in 14 years, neither of your sisters is with you on your birthday.
I don't know whether that's a good thing or bad ;)
I know its not the time for some unwanted gyan so there will no preaching..but may be a little sentimental crap. You know what exams and distances can do to you. There is so much of self thinking and revisiting of memories going on.
I have always always tried to be a good friend of yours - I dont know how much did I succeed, but I really hope that you at least count me as one of the friends.
Later comes the sister or rather the elder sister - I think I kind of missed out on that one. You have hardly been treated as a younger brother - ever. From my side you are a cute little friend of mine whom I can be a good Agony Aunt to and a Horrible one too..when I keep scolding you on your silly Maths things..
You know something at times when I shout at you for being silly while doing maths (more so over Skype as I cant give you one of my deadly stares :D) I feel its the feeling that you should not at any cost be weak in maths - like me. I could never perform well in Maths, and have been frequently embarrassed in class on my inabilities. But now that I know what I could have done I feel its my religious duty to guide in the best possible way I can.
Gosh you are 14. Now that is a big number - isnt it? Next year you will be mid way through the teens! I can still imagine you as a toddler. You know - jiji & I used to flaunt you :) We had the cutest baby brother on the block after all! - It was so cool :)
You have been so much a part of our growing up even if you were born a decade later. Actually I guess both of us realised how big we were only on seeing some one so little as you :) When you came we were the responsible kids, looking after the baby. Not that we did not have enough "big girls" things before but with you it became official - we could be left at home alone while mum dad went out, we could order food and we could use the gas stove :D Honestly, not before I started warming milk for you (we didnt have the microwave then) on the gas stove I was not supposed to light a match on my own. And I must confess - at first I didnt like it - you know why should I do things for you ;) After all I had never done things before but then I guess it just comes to you naturally. I think it was with you that jiji and I knew that we can actually love somebody so unconditionally.
We made sure you had a fun time growing up too! We would make you drink Pepsi and lick ice creams when you were hardly 6 months old. We would love to shop for you - all those tiny dresses and shoes. And dress you up in weird clothes. I wish we had the mobile+camera gadget then, we could have filled the entire house with your pics.
We have always been protective of you. But I am glad the way you have turned out - not a sissy at all. You can take good care of yourself now and I am proud of it. You are the man in my life (Cant claim jiji's after she is married ;)) I want you to have all the best things in life, I want you to be the smartest kid around and I want you to be smiling always.
I wish you a fabulous year ahead and I wish that you have many many many more best birthdays coming up. For you I can never settle for anything but the best!!
H@PPY Birthd@Y to one of my most favourite persons ever :)
Love,
jiji
No comments:
Post a Comment