Digitally yours!
Half way across the globe as we chit chat using an array of latest technology, I am closer to so many of them. I wonder why distance is blamed for so many failing relationships. It feels almost magical - being able to communicate so intimately across the seas.
When it is a tense situation you can avoid the heat, when it is embarrassing you can hide the blush and when it is emotional you can pass tears as noise. Sometimes I wonder if that is an escapist route, but then I think often looking at a picture from a distance gives you a clearer view, a better understanding. And I am sure most of us want to see what the pixels put together look like not what each pixel is.
1. Our family can be described as one of those where protocol comes first. So, I have the 'right' to question and argue but only when prompted. Now don't be judgemental. I think we come to like this arrangement, saves a lot of useless beating around the bush and at some level sets up the order. But some how, rather dramatically this protocol seemed to have taken a back seat. With dad over the phone we have talked, discussed and laughed about things he (and I) certainly couldn't have talked about face to face. A pleasant change, which I hope wont be reversed.
2 to 10. So many of my colleagues who were well, just colleagues have become my 'online friends' if that is still a phrase :) They discuss their lives with me feeling I am at a safe distance, they confide in me as I am not close to remind them of their weakness. And I feel lucky. Isn't it amazing how professional ties are always so tense, performance pressure, appraisals and what not and all of a sudden not being in the company qualifies me to gossips, grudges and so much more.
Life is so much different when you see the bigger picture, when you look at it from a distance.
1 comment:
'distance makes the heart grow fonder' seems to really work in your case..:) glad its not 'out of sight, out of mind'!!
Post a Comment