Tuesday, April 07, 2009


Glory Glory United!


This is not a commentary on the superb Man Utd v/s Aston Villa match played at the Old Trafford this Sunday. Its an ode to the devoted fans who make each of these match an electrifying experience for me :)
I hardly knew the difference between Soccer and Football 6 months ago. And in most matches I was not aware of the opponents; but all this changed after I saw Manchester mourning when United lost to Liverpool (4-1) on that fateful day. I had been going to the stadium for 6 months then but never did a victory strike me as much as the defeat that day. I didn't realise when I had become a hard core Man U fan ready to pick up fights with my 13 year old brother rooting for Liverpool. 
The ambiance is mind blowing, you cant help falling in love with them especially after you catch a glimpse of your team from 5 feet apart. 

Glory Glory United Indeed. 

PS: I really like this pic :) 

2 comments:

Shashank said...

enjoy the ball! :)

Blogger said...

There couldnt have been a better ending to a grand season with Man Utd beating Arsenal and winning the EPL!!

I saw it live - the ceremony, the huddle, the song and the waves.

A moment for sure.