Media all over the world has been sharing stories of how Sachin Tendulkar is saying bye to cricket. Emotional videos, messages, pictures are flooding social websites. Everybody has something to say about how it effects them.
And deservedly so - Sachin Tendulkar is an icon, for cricketers, for spectators, for Indians and for Non-Indians. He has earned fame and respect from one and all through his cricketing prowess and his off-field humility. He has made Indians feel nationalistic on more occasions than any politician could do in past 65 years.
Personally, I have made scrap books out of Sachin's pictures in newspapers and magazines. I have admired his ability to make it look so easy, I have admired his determination and I have admired his realistic personality - for as long as I remember. I am the generation who grew up with Sachin.
All the news channels flowing with Sachin's retirement news, have made me avoid them in past couple of weeks. Two different (or may be related) reasons for this - 1. I don't want to be saddened, I wouldn't be able to take it - to watch him go. 2. I refuse to see this as Sachin's 'farewell'. He exists. And he will continue to - in his humanitarian projects, in his prospective role as a member of parliament, as a cricketing genius, as shining India's brightest star. He has just stopped playing - but he continues to be the man I have admired for many more reasons other than his profession.
So for me, live on Sachin - I have not said good bye to you :) :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment