Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mix Bag

I don't like to write about sad things in the same post in which I recollect happy things. But then, it is so depressing to think/write/read/think about a sad thing in isolation.

October is one of the busiest months in our family calendar, averaging more than 1 occasion every week!! So many flowers ordered, so many cakes delivered, loads of online shopping and greeting cards :)
Just for keep sake I will write the dates here -

2/10
7/10
9/10
10/10
14/10
16/10
24/10
27/10

S & I hosted a birthday dinner :) I cannot express how satisfying it was, to have a dinner, where I was not guest! First, formal, proper dinner party 'we' gave. (Things which make you feel instantly grown up #1*). It was full of fun and great food. Really a Fun-tasty-ic evening :) Thank you S, for having the heart!

And I was also taken for a shopping spree, found a couple of 'wanted' items on my list :) I think S would agree, I have almost forgotten - how to shop for self and/or how to shop without need :D I realised, yet again how impatient I am. Nothing apart from food seems to be worth spending hours on, not even women's fashion stores in a super-high end mall!

This was on the weekend.

During the following week, I heard the absolutely shocking news of one of our family acquaintances' sad demise. I was in tears, and shaking. It was horrible. This is the 3rd news. I hate it, absolutely hate it. It makes me sick. I had to put great effort in putting this behind me. But it is not gone, lingers on - like bad after taste. I want to completely, absolutely, fully forget it. I don't know why am I writing it. But I guess the strong emotions I felt needed to be said out, hence.

I know S will not like it - that I have wrote it in the same post - but that's the point - mix bag - life - happiness makes us work so hard for it, and sadness, cause of it; and the show must go on.

*PS: I think this list of 'Things which instantly make you feel grown up' is going to grow - hence the number!

No comments: