Another first!
In the last (almost) 4 months after shaadi, I have had quite a few first festivals. Some of them are special because they are first with my husband, others are special because I didn't celebrate them when single. As I am writing this, I really feel I should have made a list of all the festivals and dates with a little note on how I celebrated each one after marriage. But never mind, let's start from today. It is Gangaur today. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangaur) It is special because only married woman do it. Since childhood, I have loved these deep fried rings of sweetened flour . I have looked forward to eating them (i.e. waited for the festival) most years. And felt that there is something exotic about festivals which only mum can do :))
This year it was finally my turn to make my own! I woke up unusually late (BST and all that) but thankfully Mum called and got me into the spirit. I struggled a bit with all the prep but eventually managed to get this pooja done as it should have been :)
But as it turns out, my in laws didn't know about it and I felt a tiny little pang when my excitement, my celebration was a bit 'sorry what's that' for them! But hey ho, life has been good enough to give me a chance to do this & I am really happy that I did! Probably I will call Badi Mummy tomorrow to share the significance!!

No comments:
Post a Comment