Let's Pretend!
That's a game my 4 year old nephew loves to play & so do so many grown ups!
It is difficult to move around people who are constantly worrying about their 'image' in the social circle. I agree that one cannot live in the society without following its norms but then where is the limit?
I fail to understand such strong desires to 'create' the 'high social value' tags in adults. Don't they miss having some genuine fun? Would I not hang out with some people I used to have fun with because they couldn't keep up with my progress in life? What sort of relations are these which are based on 'should I be seen with him/her'?
Apparently, I lack these very basic social skills! I shouldn't really bother about asking how one is doing as it is more important to drop names & holiday spots than asking after people ;) Recently I got reminded of this lack of conversational skill and I couldn't help but think that what a pain it must be to keep wearing a mask all the time.
I think the adults take their game of Lets Pretend much more seriously than kids do. We all at various points in life pretend to like people to be politically correct. But to do it as second nature is I think quite harmful. I guess mostly neither the doer nor the receiver takes these things on face value but I most certainly do. I would much rather have it all out in the open. And if I genuinely cant get along with you, I just cant! Why pretend?
There is another aspect to this pretend game - pretending to be casual & not malicious when you clearly know that you are saying/doing things to an end. People around you are not foolish but just choose to be quiet. However, they do understand your intentions. So for heaven's sake stop saying stupid things which think go as wise wine - it simply stinks :D
Glad that I am as far away from this as possible. And relieved that there is a reason for me in future to stay away from it ;) :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment