In 2014, we have been lucky to be able to attend a few 'live' things. First it was cricket at Lords, then Shakespearean theater and now Zippos Circus (http://www.zipposcircus.co.uk/).
There was a strange contrast between the circus and the other 2 live 'performances'. While cricket and theater had the hype and hoopla of a high profile gathering and a bit of 'trendy-ness' about them, circus felt like a thing from the past. It probably is as old as if not younger than staged drama. But sadly people use phrases like 'dying' & 'no future' when it comes to circus arts.
In such a context, I found it really uplifting, that Zippos circus has tried to catch up with times. They teamed up with Amazon local to sell their tickets. I don't know about others, but for us, being sold on Amazon instantly added credibility to the event, and also some assurance about quality of content.
Well done Zippos for having thought of it :)
The show itself, though not houseful, had a decent attendance. It was 2 hours of pure fun - no special effects, no digital drama. Only human (& stallion) talent which kept the show running and audience captivated. It was heartening to see artists performing their acts and then helping out others during theirs, or even selling candy floss during interval.
I hope partnerships like this will be more widespread in future and circus will not die without an effort. I wish them all the success and fuller shows :) :)

There was a strange contrast between the circus and the other 2 live 'performances'. While cricket and theater had the hype and hoopla of a high profile gathering and a bit of 'trendy-ness' about them, circus felt like a thing from the past. It probably is as old as if not younger than staged drama. But sadly people use phrases like 'dying' & 'no future' when it comes to circus arts.
In such a context, I found it really uplifting, that Zippos circus has tried to catch up with times. They teamed up with Amazon local to sell their tickets. I don't know about others, but for us, being sold on Amazon instantly added credibility to the event, and also some assurance about quality of content.
Well done Zippos for having thought of it :)
The show itself, though not houseful, had a decent attendance. It was 2 hours of pure fun - no special effects, no digital drama. Only human (& stallion) talent which kept the show running and audience captivated. It was heartening to see artists performing their acts and then helping out others during theirs, or even selling candy floss during interval.
I hope partnerships like this will be more widespread in future and circus will not die without an effort. I wish them all the success and fuller shows :) :)







No comments:
Post a Comment