Monday, January 26, 2009

Are there greater joys? Or smaller ones?


Back to being a student...

I hate exams, even if that's a strong word. The following seem to simply lose relevance when you need to burn bottles of oil in the night lamp. As a matter of fact I did not think many of these as 'moments' until I started typing.

1. To know that you are studying for your last exam.
2. To plan the after exam party.
3. Seeing your lucky charm on the way to exam hall ( remember the aeroplanes guys? :) )
4. Seeing the questions you had prepared for in the question paper.
5. A sympathetic smile from the invigilator.
6. Seeing missed calls of your dear ones in the 2 hours of exams.
7. Writing the conclusion for the last answer and still seeing 5 minutes to go.
8. The last bell.
9. To discuss a doubtful answer and having it done right. (Yessss!)
10. To get a call from home ASAP.
11. Not having bread / cornflakes / Maggi for a meal after days together!

In no particular order of ranking.

After thought - Why do I realise this midway through my exams?

3 comments:

Shashank said...

Until I got thru high school exams were a definite favourite with me, and for a lot of the reasons you mentioned! And in college I mastered the art of mocking exams what with late late night reruns of Alias and binging on HP.. However 2 minutes prior to entering the dreaded hall my heart would 'twang like a giant elastic band' and a consistent murmer escaped my lips 'this too shall pass'...
By the way, you didnt add - 'realising I've studied more than rest of the (group-suchi) combined and managed to re-revise' .. :P ?

Blogger said...

"This too shall pass" eternal source of solace !! It works..almost at all times.
Shashank I always wonder how could you read HP in exam days..it shocks me even now & I doubt whether you actually did it (:P) being the only one with a 70+ through out :D

Shashank said...

Luck by chance!